We now offer oral cancer screening using the Velscope screening system.
Some facts about oral cancer:
- One person dies from oral cancer every hour of every day in the United States.
- Oral cancer is following what happened to cervical cancer and breast cancer in the early 70s. Once devices and education were introduced into the market the death rate dropped due to early detection
- Oral cancer is the sixth leading cause of cancer related deaths annually.
- Oral cancer is one of the deadliest diseases and is often referred to as the “forgotten disease.”
- The death rate for oral cancer is higher than that of cancers which we hear about routinely, such as cervical cancer, Hodgkin’s lymphoma, laryngeal cancer, cancer of the testes, endocrine system, thyroid, or skin cancer. (Source # 7)
- Of all the new oral cancer cases discovered, only ½ of these patients will be alive in 5 years.
- In fact, in the last 3 years, there has been an increase in the number of oral cancer cases. In 2007 alone, there was an 11% increase.
Contact us today to schedule your dental appointment. Or, simply call us at
773-643-6006 to discuss oral cancer screening or other services that we offer.